Friday, July 15, 2011

Traditional Steamed Egg Cake

This recipe is from http://blessedhomemaker.blogspot.com/search/label/Steam%20Cakes

One thing I like most about this recipe is that there is no oil in the ingredient. Not because I dont at oil but because I feel less guilty to slap on more butter before munching the cake! My taste bud really love the cake with butter spread over. For me it is like a beautiful combination. Somehow it doesn't taste that good when you add butter as the ingredient than spreading it across after the cake was done.



Traditional Sponge Cake
Ingredients
(A)
Egg : 200g (I use 4 extra large or AA eggs)
Sugar : 230g (I use 160g)

(B)
Hong Kong flour : 230g (can replace using Cake Flour)

(C)
7-up : 75g (or any fizzy drinks)


Method

Use high speed beat eggs till fluffy. Add in sugar gradually and continue beating till well- blended(until ribbon stage, meaning if you draw lines on the beaten eggs, it doesn't fade straight away)

Fold in the flour in 3 portions, alternating with 7-up. Stop once there is no flour streak visible

Pour mixture into 20cm round bamboo basket lined with glass paper till 90% full(I use Chinese wok to steam).

Sprinkle a handful of sugar such that it forms a cross on the surface of mixture (I omit this)

Steam over high heat for half an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

A working mother that try to capture moments in the blog