Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cream Cracker Layer Cake

Thia recipe was from http://eatingpleasure.blogspot.com/2009/09/cream-cracker-layer-cake.html

I love the cake. Buttery and not too sweet. The only thing I would probably change is using unsalted butter next time. This was because the cream cracker can be salty. I use Jacob cream cracker because it was less oily. Maybe I would use high fiber or multi grain variety next time.




I know this picture was not very clear but I used it because it was taken by Small M.

Ingredients:


250gm butter
170gm Castor sugar
200gm cream cracker, blended
5 omega-3 eggs, beaten
2 & 1/2 tbsp coco powder

Method:

1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

2. Add the beaten eggs in batches and mix well.

3. Pour in cream cracker powder in batches and mix well.

4. Divide the mixture into half. Add coco powder to one of the portion.

5. Spread a layer of original flavored batter in the baking tray. Steam for 5 minutes. Then continue with a layer of coco flavored batter and steam for 5 minutes. Continue doing this with alternating flavored batter until you finish up the batter.

2 comments:

  1. look so nice....i hope can try this!! hi...hi..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried baking the cake again. This time I reduced the sugar to 150g. However, after I divided to two portions, I added 2 big spoonful of Horlicks to one portion and 2 big spoonful of Milo to the other. The tasted was even better! Big M almost finished half of the cake! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

A working mother that try to capture moments in the blog